Thursday, July 28, 2011

content

Don't know if it's the fact that this is a vacation (for me, not poor D!), that I'm with a dear dear friend daily, or that my surroundings are amazing but I am so content.

I am playing hard and resting hard. : )

Yesterday K, miss A, and I went to Soldonta's Wednesday Sale. Basically vendors selling everything from jams to hand carved wooden Salmon in tents in the middle of a park. It was fun to walk around to each tent and visit with the vendors. I didn't find anything special but it was deliciously fun to "window" shop.

After we shopped we walked along the river. It was so peaceful. Just fisher-people fishing, and water streaming, and breezes blowing. happy.

Miss A played at the park.

Then we all had an ah-mazing lunch at Veronicas. K had been telling me about this little jewel, but I had no idea. Veronicas is an eclectic house plunked on the bay with gorgeous food....can you tell I loved this place? ha! I had quiche with a rosemary polenta crust and chicken sausage, potato, and cheese filling and cheesy cauliflower soup and a nobake cookie the size of my fist while sitting at a picnic table in the sun watching ERA planes literally fly over our heads. K and I agreed that we need to go back at least 3 more times before I leave.

Today is sunny and clear. K and I are going to "sun" ourselves on her patio and maybe walk on the beach? How am I feeling about this? blessed and content.

-h

p.s. As wonderful as it is to be in Alaska, I am missing home just a bit. Hi everyone! Miss you, love you!

No comments: