Tuesday, November 29, 2011

shameless plea

Current Christmas card count: 407

Goal: 3,500

gulp

Of course I want to reach of sending 3,500 Christmas cards to men and women serving our country, away from their homes and families, during the Christmas season but I'm a bit concerned I'm not going to reach near that goal.

I am thankful for any of you that take the time to write and sign cards for this campaign. It touches my heart to the core and truly means the world to me. I am so blessed by your generous spirits.

BUT...now it is time to "get out the vote" so to say...

We have over a week to complete this project and it. is. do-able.

This is such a small, inexpensive, easy project that makes a big difference in the lives of those sacrificing for you.

Please consider asking a friend over to watch a movie and write some cards, or meet at Panera to enjoy hot chocolate and work on some cards, spend some time with your kids talking to them about gratitude and sacrifice, or curl up with a blanket and write some cards while you admire your Christmas tree.

My birthday is on Friday...sign another box of cards in honor me (I told you this was shameless)

.....the baby wants to you write cards too (....shameless I tell you)

Hope you are keeping warm on this SNOWY!! day!

-h

No comments: