Monday, April 2, 2012

Baby Shower!

This past Saturday my sweet sister-in-law Emily and cousin-in-law Jaci hosted the most incredible baby shower for Henry and me. We had lots of baby love, cake, and laughs. Emily had a friend who had studied photography come to capture the event on film and I am so grateful.

Monogrammed cake!!
These girls know the way to my heart!

 Oh Henry! bars for favors and a game

Diapers, a wreath, and an initial?
= 1 thrilled momma

Personalized pinwheels

Danny's grandmothers

We had the most delicious salad (who would have thought at 8 months pregnant I would prefer salad to pasta but whatever! ha!) and pasta for lunch, oh! and polka dot napkins!

Jaci, me, and Emily
All 3 of us married into D's family so that makes us the "out-laws" and I love these girls.

 Me, my mom, and youngest sister Elizabeth

The next few pictures are of guests at the shower. Most are D's cousins and aunts.




Henry and I were most definitely "showered" with love and baby gifts


 .....I was so overwhelmed that I fell out of my chair
....no really I fell out of my chair
....while all eyes were on me opening gifts
grace.full.
: )
As I was reaching for a gift while sitting on the edge of my chair I slipped and fell. Want to get 30 women to react quickly? Fall on the ground while pregnant. ha! Good news is that I am fine and have this memory and photo for a laugh! 


Back in my chair, a little pink in the face, with a cute onesie.


 another cute onesie...

2012 is the year of the baby for D's family! All of these ladies are expecting babies within the year. So here we are in order of weeks pregnant.
Starting in the front:
 Tillie-10-ish weeks, then Lisa-20 weeks, Jaci-26 weeks, me-32 weeks, and Elizabeth-40 weeks.

Then we added Angela all the way at the end with her sweet 7 week old baby. : )

THE WHOLE GROUP!

Danny, Henry, and I are so blessed to have such a supportive and generous family.
-h


No comments: