Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Husband Appreciation Day

Today as D walked out the door in a Blues Brother t-shirt instead of his typical white (Kirkland Brand from Costco : ) undershirt because all his undershirts are dirty and I had too much fun over the weekend to do laundry I thought about what a hardworking great, non-complaining husband he is.

For example, this Sunday I left the umbrella in the patio table while I ran errands. When I came home the umbrella was on the ground and the glass in the patio table was shattered, please keep in mind that I had the forethought during the hail storm to bring this glass in to save it....and 4 days later on a sunny day I left it out to be broken. bummer. My sweet husband swept up the glass, shop vac-ed the patio and put everything back together without saying a negative word to me. He could have scolded me or been upset but he wasnt.

Today D is wearing a mismatched undershirt and is probably sore because I "helped," not so much, him mulch the garden beds in 90 degree heat. Pretty much I wimped out after an hour and a half and he stuck it out mulching our landscaping and cleaning up the yard.

Now, I'm not writing this post to make myself sound bad (doing a good job though! ha!) but D really goes out of his way to care for me and our home without lamenting, day in and day out. I can't tell you how many times a day he askes me if he can get or do something for me.

I know I'm not the only one, from personal experience I can brag on my friends husbands and the ways that they go out of their way to care for their families, homes, and loved ones but I want to leave that up to you....

I declare today Husband Appreciation Day

Leave a comment bragging about the great things that your husband does. You would not believe how many of your husbands read this blog : )

It's nice to feel appreciated and publicly thanked for the extra effort that you put in, so let your hubby's (and everyone else) know.

Thanks D!

-H

No comments: