Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I am wire-LESS

It's been 10 days since the, now infamous, phone in the toilet situation and I have yet to replace my cell phone.

Truth be told it's nice.

I feel like I'm "off duty" without the constant ring, vibrate, or alarm of my cell phone.

Those that need to urgently speak with me, find a way. I am finding that my conversations are more meaningful and relevant because I'm not just BSing or ranting/raving (like I do when I always have a cell phone available and in my hand).

In the coming days I'm planning to replace the cell phone...D likes to be able to get ahold of me AND I get lost easily. However, from now on I will be more cautious with the amount of time I spend on the phone, in addition to the amount of full time availability I grant to others via the cell phone.

the end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AGREE!!! I have always been an advocate of limiting the cell phone. Just because it rings does not mean we HAVE to answer it... we might just have something going on. :P

Good work Halley, welcome to the dark side! :D

- D2

Kelsey said...

Hrumph. Well then.

Halley said...

ha ha Kelsey! I obviously find ways to talk to you..hour long Skype sessions anyone? :) I am reactivating my phone today!!

D2 you are so right. I am all for limiting my cell phone use/answering...for everyone but Kelsey! just kidding!