Friday, September 24, 2010

To Kindle or Not to Kindle?

I love to read.

I find nothing more relaxing that snuggling up with a good book and devouring the pages. When it's a particularly good book, something very intellectual...like Harry Potter or even better Twilight, poor D gets a bit neglected while I read.

Anywho, reading is a ritual for me and I don't think I could ever enjoy a reading from a Kindle. There is something special about holding a well loved book, thumbing through pages, and laying it down opened to save a spot.

I don't think I would get the same satisfaction from a Kindle. Plus, wouldn't you get eye strain from staring at the screen?

Thoughts?

-H

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AGREED!!! Books are classic, technology should not phase everything out. I'm all for phasing our horses with automobiles or walking five miles for a chat with the telephone... but draw the line. Plus, libraries are great places with free book rentals... takes a long time to pay off a kindle at that rate. :P

-D2