Sunday, September 12, 2010

weddings, and trips, and teeth oh my!

Over Labor Day weekend D and I had the pleasure of attending H2D2's wedding! : ) It was a beautiful ceremony and a F U N reception...complete with a photo booth!


This is the Findlay gang with the bride...don't know where the groom was!?


After the wedding D and I traveled to Traverse City to spend the rest of the weekend. Let me tell you, I loove Traverse City. The minute our car rolls into town I instantly relax and am in vacation mode.
Our first stop? Black Star Farm's winery.
Cheers! I'm on vacation!
Next we drove up the pennisula to Old Mission Lighthouse. The next morning, after a delicious breakfast of stuffed hashbrowns we drove to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park...where we decided to hike. in. jeans. in. the. rain.

I couldn't resist a quick monogram in the sand...After the rain passed we changed into dry clothes and drove to the dune climb. Last year we basically took this exact same picture in the same place...perhaps it will/is becoming tradition.

love, love, loved Traverse City! We plan to try to visit again in October for the lafe fall foliage.

This past week flew by quickly. D and I finally got a break? on Friday when D had his wisdom teeth removed. He was such a trooper and a good patient. He surgery literally took 5 minutes. Not joking. When they called me back to the recovery area, I was alarmed and thought something had gone wrong because they called me back so quickly. Nope. D was sitting up chatting with the nurse like nothing had happened. He did make a few loopy comments about making important engineering decisions in his current state, but over all he was great. He came on and rested for the rest of the day. I am so thankful he's recovering well!

Now you are all caught up and I can start blogging about my new fabulous fall decorations! :)

-h

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

You look so pretty! Your hair is getting long. I really like it. This post made me miss you. And Findlay. And Traverse City :(