Friday, July 15, 2011

ALASKAAAA!

I made it! After traveling for over 10 hours, through 2 time zones, with literally red eyes I am writing to you from Anchorage, AK. : )

I've got to admit that the plane ride is brutal. I was exhausted when I arrived at 2 am local time and 5am Ohio time but so so excited to be here. It is beautiful. Today the weather is 65 and sunny. It's clear and mountain ranges surround the city. *swoon*



I spent the day exploring downtown Anchorage. D is going to be meeting me this evening, so I caught up on sleep and then hit the road so as not to waste a day in AK. You all, I was in full tourist mode today....as in, big 'ol camera around my neck, comfy walking shoes, and a backpack...the epitome of a tourist. ha! I grabbed a cab and headed downtown. Truthfully I've never had an opportunity to walk around an unfamiliar city, alone, with no agenda and it was magical.

I started at "The Log Cabin" aka the official Anchorage visitor's center. This cabin literally sits right down town and the ladies inside know everything. I walked in and said "I'm on my own and have 4 hours, what should I do?" and they pointed me in the right direction.



Would you look at those flowers!? Apparently Anchorage is the city of flowers and hanging baskets. I thought the flowers were fake because they are so vivid and perfect!



I had a "Reindeer Dog" for lunch.


And then took a trolley tour.

















D will be here in an hour and were are going to have dinner and then drinks at an alehouse featured on Man vs. Food. Tomorrow we are going to Denali National Park and Sunday Wasilla. Many more pictures to come.


-H

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Dd you go to the glacier brewhouse? The moose's tooth? Those are my two guesses :) humpy's?