Thursday, July 21, 2011

just a random Thursday in AK....

Good morning, Alaska! This is the view from the porch of our rental house...water, volcanoes, and mountains...that's all ; ) Today I spent the day with K and little miss A. We started our morning at The Moose is Loose Bakery. Oh my gosh, yum! I had a cheese and cherry danish. It was so delicious. I see many more visits to this spot in the (near) future.

After a trip to the grocery store and a quick lunch K and I headed home to bake a pie. This is vacation right? so there is a lot of eating ha! ha!miss A helped


It's 2:15pm in Alaska that means it 6:15pm in Ohio....

.....it's time for wine!



yum! blueberries covered in sugar!



I'll give ya 5 bucks if you can name the animals on our pie. If you said bear, moose, and bald eagle, you win!


Then as we were driving to the fish processing plant to pick up some flash frozen salmon, we just happened on some friendly moose. You know, on the side of the road, 6 feet from the car...just another Thursday afternoon.


Hi Moose!

womp, womp, just a bit of smoke while baking.

The pie turned out well. It's still in the oven so no picture.


Just another random Thursday in Alaska with my best buddies.


-h

No comments: