Saturday, August 27, 2011

runnin', runnin'

Who remembers that goal of mine to run a 5k? If you do I am impressed and thanks for stickin with me this long! ; ) Early in my Alaskan adventure/visit K mentioned an upcoming 5K...full disclosure here...I was a little leery. Aside from D, no one else can build me up and talk me down (ha!) like K, so before I knew it I was committed and "training." Our goal was to walk the race quickly and not be last.


We wore pink flowers in honor of my sister and K's mom, both of which had experienced some kind of violence against women.





The race map...at the turn around for the 5k we burst into song Whoa, we're half way there. WHOA livin' on prayer








Almost to the finish line! Can you spot us? We are right at the curve with the big red stroller.



Getting closer and we're smiling.





That'd be the back of me, skipping across the finish line!






Yay! We did it, in the rain, on a cold day, together!








For the record, K and I were not last and we beat our "practice" times. We celebrated with a baby and husband free, all three of which we love very much but girl time was needed, lunch. It was splendid. K wrote on her blog that she thought I had caught the race bug. She might be right. Surprisingly enough I have definitely had the itch to get 3.1 miles in per day and am thinking about upcoming races. We'll see!



-h


1 comment:

Kelsey said...

woo-hooo!!! so proud of you!! again! again!!