Monday, August 29, 2011

concrete jungle where dreams are made of..

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Alaskan photo dump for something much more glamorous!

Last weekend, only 2 days after returning to Ohio, I hopped in a car with my family and drove 12 hours (and 127 Glee songs) to New York City to celebrate the marriage of my cousin J. I like a party as much as anyone, but what I like better than just a party is PLANNING a party. I so appreciated the details and work that went into J and M's big day. I could not have done it better myself...and that's saying a lot! ; )



This is my dad and beautiful sisters at the rehearsal dinner.

NYC is a bit warmer than Alaska so excuse the "shine"


My grandma, didn't you all know that the 80's are the new 60's?

My family, sans my brother and D who is taking the picture

My family + My uncle, aunt, and 2 cousins

I thought D looked super cute in his new sport coat but since he had the camera all evening we didn't get a picture together...this is his solution!


WEDDING DAY!!


Here we are at the cocktail hour


M and the skyline


Family photo op


Ok, let's observe the strong personalities in this picture. : )




bride and groom

I think this photo oozes joy.


Details


Details



Mom and Aunt M


Father of the bride/Uncle J

Those martini's were flowing, and getting stronger, all night.


More details



....and we danced


....a lot



....dancing leads to "shine" and lots of joyT.R.O.U.B.L.E.

This would be my dad, whispering something to my husband, while my uncle is in the left corner, at the bar.


oh, look another one of those martinis......



We were literally the last people to leave the wedding.



WHAT A BEAUTIFUL, STUNNING, GORGEOUS DAY! I cannot say enough about the happiness that this day embodied. D and I had such a great day with our family. We all laughed, there was crying, and dancing...lots of dancing.


Much love to my family on the East coast dealing with Irene right now and my sweet cousin and her husband in South Africa!


-h

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Halley! How sweet! Thanks so much for your kind words and great pics! I am so glad you could make it! It was so much fun celebrating with you and the whole family!
<3 Cousin J

Rachael said...

What a fabulous party! So pretty.... loved the family shots :)