Monday, September 5, 2011

a christmas bonus

The great thing about blogs is finding inexpensive, do it yourself, decorating projects. For the past few years I have lived for finding unique, easy, and impressive ways to adorne the walls of my home.

Well, a five dollar project here, a perfect twenty dollar wreath there, and a too good sale to pass up...just about everywhere and before you know it those inexpensive projects become expensive.

Last year I went hog wild purchasing clearance seasonal decor. Now my basement looks like Hobby Lobby. No joke.

So I'm pledging not to purchase ANY seasonal decor this fall or Christmas season (other than D and I's yearly ornament).

zero. zilch. nada.

I anticipate withdrawal symptoms starting tomorrow. ha!

Seriously though, I spent so much money (in super small, but frequent, quantities) last year, that not buying any decor this year will be like a Christmas bonus. All the more money to spend on present right? : )

I'll be blogging about my adventures in free decor, reusing what I've got, and repurposing old decorations in new and innovative ways.

Wish me luck!
-h

No comments: