Wednesday, September 7, 2011

whispers of fall

The weather 'round these parts has been crazy, abnormally hot and less than one week later cool and rainy. I so prefer the cooler weather...jeans, a long sleeve t-shirt, and a scarf? Yes, please!

School is back in session. I've been substitute teaching for 2.5 years now and this is the busiest Aug/Sept I've ever had. As in, school started on a Wednesday and I was subbing on Friday. Truthfully I am in a really good place with my "job" right now. Not being able to find a teaching position after college hurt my pride a.l.o.t. I was an overachieving, freshly graduated, newlywed, in a new city, without any connections in the district. 2.5 years later I have built relationships with teachers and principals and a reputation for myself based on my work ethic, not who I know, and I'm proud. : ) There have only been 10 days of school in the 2011-2012 school year and I've worked 4 of them with another 10 on the books. I've never felt so rallied by a staff and appreciated and I'm thankful.

Bragfest over.

Pumpkin spice lattes are beginning to make their way back to coffee shops. I really only like coffee/latte type things in the fall and winter and really only the seasonal flavors.

I am so ready for the ho hum normalcy of fall and winter. D and I have been on the go all summer. The prospect of lazy evenings by the fire, movies, and soup (because really I only make that in the fall and winter too) make me happy. really happy.

I ordered my invitations for the pumpkin carving party (our 4th annual) earlier this week. I stinking loove the tradition of this party. I am thinking of ways to reduce even more stress in planning and hosting the party this year....like having a keg instead of agonizing over pumpkin beers and ordering a party tray for Costco. PLUS I am not allowed to buy any decorations so I don't need to worry about that!

I am thinking about people with D names tonight...my D in Alaska and my girlfriend D who is going to have another sweet baby (girl?) any day now.

-h

No comments: