Thursday, January 19, 2012

brrr it's coold!

....as I type this, I know I certain someone in Alaska is doubled over laughing at my being "cold" in Ohio : )

I woke up today dreaming of a snow day. I think teacher's love snow days more than students. way more. way way more.

Today at school a student asked why I was holding my belly. Which in a second grader's mind, is a polite way of asking if I was pregnant. ha! I haven't made a point of talking to students about my pregnancy. They are young and I was personally curious to see when they would catch on. I told him there was a baby in my belly and thus became known as "Mrs. S, who is going to have a baby."

Word travels fast in the lunch room and by the end of the day I had had several belly rubs, hugs, and nuggets of wisdom from students ranging in age from 5-8.

"Don't yell Mrs. S, you'll wake the baby up."

"My neighbor had a baby, she's 17. How old are you?"

"Teacher's shouldn't have to work while they are pregnant, it's too stressful" yelp. 

".....just wait for the hiccups" *insert knowing smile*

Like I said, nuggets of wisdom.

Happy, almost Friday!

-h





1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Hahaha that's hilarious! The neighbor one is the best! Thanks for the good laugh! I feel so disconnected from you not having talked in what, 5 days?! ahh!!!