Sunday, February 5, 2012

oh Henry!

Dear Henry,

     Remember when I thought it was cute that we had to go back to the doctor for a second ultrasound because you wouldn't move? Well, we went back and you still wouldn't move. Mommy didn't get any cute pictures of your precious face, only your spine (which looks great by the way!). In the next 2 weeks we will be going to a bigger hospital for a Level II ultrasound to try to get a picture of your heart and face. stinker! The ultrasound tech warned me that during the next ultrasound they will make me stay until they get the "pictures" that we need...even if it takes hours. You are measuring about 2 weeks ahead and weigh 1lb 8oz.

     Today I am 24 weeks pregnant, which means if you were to be born today you'd be VERY early but would have a fighting chance at surviving outside of the womb. Do me a favor and stay put for a while.

     On January 29th Daddy felt you kick for the first time. Speaking of kicking, last night I went to a Blues Festival and I'm not sure if you loved it or hated it... You were moving your head and arms like crazy. Were you fist pumping or covering your ears? hmmm. This morning at church you had the same reaction to the Alleluia and the children's choir.

     If you are what you eat, today you would be a spicy California roll and buffalo chicken dip. I've been craving both and today was my (and your) lucky day. : )

Love,
Mom


1 comment:

Rachel Schulze said...

Yes, tell that little guy to stay in there for a lot longer!! No early babies!!!!! :o) Hope you're feeling well, Halley!