Wednesday, February 29, 2012

pregnancy brain, glucose, and precious pillows

Here is my public service announcement...

PREGNANCY BRAIN IS REAL!


A few weeks ago in a pregnant stupor I basically denied Henry's paternity. That's right my friends, I had a conversation that went like this:


friend from school: So is everything going well with your pregnancy?

me: Yep, I am feeling better, he moves a ton, and is measuring about 2 weeks ahead.

friend from school: Oh! big boy!

me: uh huh, the midwife said they may change the due date but D was a big baby.....so he might just be D's baby! *shrug*

friend from school: He MIGHT be D's baby?


Today I had my 28 week glucose test.


 um, it was horrible!
After fasting for 10 hours I was thirsty and hungry. That little orange bottle of "juice" made me so sick! I complained, nashed my teeth, and gave myself pep talk after pep talk to keep the "juice" down. I am so thankful that I am done with this task! I will get my results tomorrow or Friday.

Look at this sweet, perfect pillow that my mom made for Henry!!
be. still. my. heart.
I stinking love it!


2 comments:

Rachel Schulze said...

Wish I could have been there to be your moral support!! I remember when you held my hand while I downed that stuff!! They have fruit punch flavored here in Michigan which was soooo much better than the orange!!!! :o) Glad you made it through!!!

Halley said...

aw Rachel you are sweet! Thank you! ....fruit punch sounds waay better!