Monday, March 9, 2009

menu monday

I have seen many other bloggers sharing their meal plans on Monday's...thus Menu Monday. I love to plan, and over plan, so to me it's incredibly exciting to share my boring old weekly menu! : )

Monday: Sloppy Joe Casserole with Salad
Tuesday: Chicken Broccoli Divan with Rice
Wednesday: Turkey Burger with Steamed Vegetables and Applesauce
Thursday: Leftovers and/or Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Friday: Fish Fry at the Knights of Columbus
Saturday: Chicken Salad on English Muffins
Sunday: Greek Salad and Homemade Pizza

Prepared Snacks: Hummus and Pretzels, Cut up Carrots, Celery, and Cucumber with Veg. Dip, & Cheese Cubes with Crackers

yum!

Also I am crazy proud of myself...Since I've been married I have struggled with grocery shopping. I tend to buy and cook WAY too much. (4lbs of potatoes for 2 people?....not a good idea...what was I thinking?) To the tune of $150 per week! eek! D and I have worked on budgeting and changing our habits and I am happy to report that I only spent $50 on groceries this week!! I also included a leftovers day in our menu to get rid of all the extra food I am bound to cook. Look at me...I am just like a real grown up.
-H

No comments: