Thursday, March 5, 2009

why i like lent

You should know that I am not Catholic but fully love and participate in many Catholic traditions because I am married to a wonderful Catholic man (Danny or 'D').

That being said..I love Lent.

Aside from it being a prayerful and reflective time, Lent is fish fry season. Oh boy! Do I love a fish fry!!

D and I have been attending the local fish fry since our sophomore year of college. So far we have only missed one. During the season of Lent we literally plan our activities around fish frys. This year we have recruited 18 people to join us in our Friday fish feasting. : ) It's a great time to meet new people from our community and to introduce our new 'married people/work' friends to our old 'college' friends. Plus the food is down right yummy! I can't wait! yay fish fry!

Here is what's on the menu: (all for $8)

Fish - baked or fried
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Macaroni & Cheese
Escalloped Potatoes
Cole Slaw
Applesauce
Rolls
Desserts
Pop
Beer

mm mm mmm!

You know what wonderful Catholic tradition is coming up next? Parish Festivals! Oh yeah! Instant BINGO!
-H

No comments: