Tuesday, December 14, 2010

lamaze breathing at the grocery

It's the holiday season and grocery shopping is inevitable...the problem is that everyone and their brother is grocery shopping...and grumpy.

Me? I had to make my big holiday grocery trip today (baking items, party supplies, normal everyday food). So I walk into the grocery wearing my red scarf and gloves, humming Jingle Bells, trying to be friendly, only to be slammed into by a cart. ?? The man didn't even apologize. Alright, I think, shake it off and keep shopping. Then I get cut off by an old lady in the cheese aisle. I remind myself to take a deep breath, smile, and keep shopping....it's the holidays. Before I know it I am lamaze breathing (to keep calm, ha!) and reminding myself over and over that it's Christmas, people are busy, but I am able to pay my bills, keep my house warm, and put food on my table, so I am give everyone a little grace and refrain from stress.

Then I dropped my eggs in the parking lot.

At this point all I could do was laugh.

Have you ever heard the phrase, Too blessed to be stressed?

Thats how I feel this Christmas season. I am so thankful for D, our home, friends, and family. We are truly blessed. So instead of stressing out this Christmas I am laughing at the mishaps and smiling at the grumpies and wishing everyone I see a Merry Christmas.

-h

2 comments:

libby said...

Way to be a Christmas elf!

aurogra 100 mg said...

It's so important to realize that every time you get upset, it drains your emotional energy.