Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Spirit

We are a little less than 2 weeks away from Christmas. Can you believe it? December has flown by!!


There are a few traditions that put me into the Christmas Spirit each year.


It's not Christmas for me unless I watch Miracle on 34th Street..the old movie and the new one. I love them both.


For D, it's not Christmas unless he makes his annual batch of homemade egg nog. To make this traditional drink D must use every bowl in my kitchen. Every. Single. One. I think that D's egg nog is far too strong. One glass and you are sure to have a headache in the morning! : )


Lights. Everywhere. I very much enjoy Christmas lights. One of D and my's favorite holiday activities is visiting the Christmas lights at the zoo. The Columbus Zoo is the BEST Christmas lights around. I could stand for hours watching the lights around the center lake of the zoo which are timed with music. ahh! It makes my heart happy.


It's not Christmas at my parents house without breakfast casserole. Every year my mom makes homemade cinnamon rolls and a ginormous casserole. We wake up, not before 9am, eat breakfast at the dining room table, and then open presents....one by one...youngest to oldest.


It does not feel like Christmas without Christmas music. duh! I've been listening to it non-stop at school, in the car, and at home. Even on the worst of days Christmas music puts a smile on my face.


What are your holiday "must haves"?


-H

No comments: