Saturday, December 19, 2009

start spreadin' the news.....

I'm leavin' Sunday!!! D and I are prepping and packing for our big trip to NYC!! The car has been serviced, I have twenty dollars of quarters for tolls, AAA has been consulted, and our bags are on their way to being packed. Can you say excited!?

Yesterday was my last day of work. It was bittersweet. I know I complained a million times about mountains of grading and snot-nosed kids but I really loved the routine and experience. The kids were very sweet and I left school with tons of gift cards, homemade cards, and gifts. I was overwhelmed by their generosity and thoughtfulness! I am hoping that this particular school will consider me for future positions...

Tonight is D's company Christmas party. I am still on the hunt for a necklace to wear with my outfit....Can you say last minute? : )

In other news, my almost, fake, soon-to-be-cousin-in-law is now my REAL SOON-TO-BE-COUSIN-IN LAW!!!!!! D's cousin N proposed! Love must be in the air because first it was H2/D2 and now J/N! My heart is bursting with happiness. I am buying and 2 giant bottles of champagne to take home for Christmas Eve (you know, like the size they give you when you win a Nascar Race or the Kentucky Derby) We will be celebrating!

Merry Christmas.
-h

p.s. I will be posting NYC pics when we are there!

No comments: