Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh my GLITTER!!

I truly appreciate all things that sparkle...
Champagne Martha Stewart Glitter

Diamonds...


Today ends my love of glitter. F O R E V E R. I will never, ever, ever, be able to appreciate the beauty of of glittered Christmas ornaments, pinecones, pumpkins, or craft project again.
I have to preface this by saying that the OCD clean freak inside me is hesitant about tiny, light-reflecting particles that might get stuck in the nooks and crannies of a given workspace. So you could say that my relationship with glitter was already on the rocks.
This afternoon the Christmas music and lights scrambled my brains and I decided to throw caution to the wind and....gulp.....let 7 year olds use glitter. I cannot describe to you the horror that is my classroom. I carefully explained and demonstrated how to use the glitter.
"Boys and Girls, first you use your glue bottle to draw a skinny line of glue. It can't be a fat line or else it won't dry. A skinny line. ok?
Alright, next you open the glitter tube carefully. Open the tube to the side with the tiny holes. NOT the side with one big hole. Good, good.
Next, your gently tap the glitter onto your skinny line of glue. Make sure you are using the glitter over the large paper. Where? Over the large paper. Good.
When your skinny line of glue is all covered up with glitter, carefully pour the extra glitter into the bowl. Be gentle.
etc. etc. etc."
2 seconds later chaos erupted. Glitter went flying. The carpet immediately absorbed the glitter. Glitter got in children's hair, clothes, and probably underwear..it was that extensive.
I hid under my desk.
When all was said and done the carpet, desks, and walls glittered.
I am buying the janitor a 6-pack for his troubles.
NO more glitter EVER.
oh, the glitter, the glitter!
-h

1 comment:

dpoep said...

Hahaha, that is the funniest blog, Halley! Although it sounds like a mild (or major) nightmare for you, I would have loved to be a fly on your wall at that moment!