Tuesday, November 16, 2010

home for the holidays

Most people I know travel home to be with family during the holidays. This year D and I will pack up and make the two and a half hour drive to be with our families for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

While we are thankful to be together we are also sorely missing a family member that cannot travel home for the holidays....D's cousin J who is serving his country, as a Marine, in Afghanistan.

So, I started thinking about J's service to his country and how much I love visiting with family during the holidays and how homesick he must be and I decided to start a Christmas Card Campaign for the Troops.

Ya'll this is so easy and will mean so very much. I am hoping to send a thousand cards this Christmas season to our troops over seas.

ambitious? uh huh, but this is close to my heart and important.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Buy a package (or two!!) of Christmas cards *no glitter cards please*
2. Take some time with your family to sign each card and write a small message.
3. Put the cards in their prospective envelopes
4. And them give them to me!! I will pay for the shipping and handling of the cards.

This is so so easy. Please consider participating.

Feel free to e-mail me at h@thehalleydaily.com with any questions or details.

Make a difference this Christmas season.

much love,
halley

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

do you write anything on the outside of the envelope?

Halley said...

nope