Monday, November 21, 2011

vampires, and electric work, and sams club oh my!

We had quite the weekend around these parts.

     Friday my father-in-law came to visit and help us install recessed lighting in our kitchen and new outdoor lighting...he's an electrician annd he probably hates me this morning. I got the bright idea to move the location of the lights on our front porch from their current location in the stucco to their new location (!!!) on the brick on the front of our house. So that meant removing light fixtures and then drill holes through brick and mortar. fun!


D is holding up the giant lantern so I can decide where I'd like it located...in the rain
....clearly this guy loves me
....clearly these lanterns are ahmazing

     On Sunday H2D2 came and rescued me from electrical work and football! H2 and I had seen signs for a holiday open house at Sams club- Christmas and samples? I'm in! D2 drove us 40 minutes north for our holiday extravaganza. Here are a few quotes from our trip:

H2: (pointing to a gift basket of sweets) Why don't we get these for Grandma D2?

D2: BUT SHE'S DIABETIC !!!

Then I shared an old wives tale about morning sickness...according to a family friend the reason I have been so sick is because I'm having a baby boy and my body doesn't know what to do with a "boy part" growing inside of me

D2's response?

D2: I'd be sick too if I had a "boy part" inside of me!

; )

Only one more month and then we'll see if that old wives tale is true!

     To end my weekend of fun D took me to see Breaking Dawn, you know the teeny bopper vampire movie? I think our presence in the theater raised the average age to 18. ha! Well if our age didn't raise the average age in the theater our, well my, old person habits definitely did. Friends, I took a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a clementine, and a thermos of coffee for D in my purse into the movie. we. are. old...and pregnant....and occasionally hungry.

Happy Monday!
h

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this!!!

-D2