Tuesday, November 1, 2011

MOTHER of all liars

Ok, so my hard drive DID crash but the real reason I haven't been blogging is this:

what!? I know, I know!


A few weeks ago I was feeling a bit "off". I did NOT think I was pregnant but was hoping to be soon, so I picked up a few (or 10) pregnancy tests and a diet coke and headed home to rule that out. I got home and had to tinkle, so before I could drink my diet coke to help things along, I took a pregnancy test.

The first test I took was a cheapie dollar store test. D thinks these just don't work (well, they do!), but I wasn't going to waste an expensive test with the words on it if I wasn't in the family way. As I watched the faint line show up I was in shock. could. not. believe. it. So naturally I called K in Alaska. She answered in a whisper and asked if she could call me back. My reply?


"NO! I think there is a line!"
"A line?!"

"Yes, there might be a line..."

"YOU'RE PREGNANT!"

"I don't know, it's really really light"

"A line is a line! You need to take a test with the words on it"

"Ok, I'll do that and call you back tomorrow"

haha! Like I was going to drop that bomb and then make her wait...

"I can't wait until tomorrow! tonight"


Soo, I took a test "with the words on it" and it said THE word! It was 4:45pm and D was due home in 25 minutes. I knew this was a big deal and an announcement that D would remember forever so I scrambled. I remembered a banner I had made for a baby shower 2 years ago that said "Welcome Baby" and printed a sign to put underneath it that said "Sullivan June 2012" (I was a bit off on the date by the way) and it hung it over our bed. I called D and told him to pick up a newspaper because there was a coupon I wanted....he sooo did not buy that! haha! but he bought the paper anyway. Truthfully I wanted to buy some time and also to have a keepsake for the day. : )


I shut the bedroom door and waited for D to come home. When he got home I had my camera ready to snap a picture of his reaction when he opened the door and saw the banner. This is what I got...




It's been a whirlwind few weeks and I have lots more pictures and video to share.



Baby Sullivan due May 27, 2012

-H

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Awww! This post is so sweet, but I don't know if you should tell everyone that you told your partner-in-crime before your partner in baby-making ;) I love the pic of Danny. And have I mentioned lately that I love you?