Friday, May 29, 2009

it's gonna be great!

This evening I am trying out a new pizza recipe for dinner. D loves loves loves pizza. It's an (unhealthy) staple in our household. Recently I have discovered a new love of buffalo chicken. I like the dip, wings, etc. So tonight I am marrying the two and making Buffalo Chicken Pizza. oh yeah!

Ingredients:
1 pizza crust (I got mine from a local bakery, you can use the pre-made ones from the grocery, or make your own)
1-2 chicken breasts
Franks Red Hot Sauce-use to suit your tastes
2 tablespoons of butter
3/4 cup of blue cheese dressing
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (we are adding bit of shredded pepper jack cheese to the mozzarella)

1.) Cook your chicken breasts. I am going to boil mine.
2.) While cooking chicken, prebake your pizza crust in the oven. Since mine is already a pre-baked crust I am good to go.
3.) Cut the cooked chicken into bite sized pieces. Saute in butter and hot sauce.
4.) Spread the blue cheese dressing onto your pizza crust. Coat evenly.
5.) Add chicken/hot sauce mixture to blue cheese coated pizza crust.
6.) Top with mozzarella (and pepper jack) cheese.
7.) Bake at 350 until crust and cheese is golden brown-ish.
8.) Serve with celery and ranch or blue cheese dip.

yum! I will post pictures and let you know how it turns out.

After our *keep your fingers crossed* delicious dinner D and I are headed to the movie theater to see Angels and Demons and THEN are coming home to be nerds and watch a previously DVRed special 'Debunking Angels and Demons.'

Tomorrow D is participating in a real live barn raising. um...that's right in 2009. that's right my dear darling ..... skinny husband..... I'll let you know how that goes. hehe

-H

No comments: