Saturday, May 9, 2009

kabob party = success

This morning D is at softball practice and I am 'recovering' from last night.

We had an absolute blast! Our friends were so much fun and helpful in the kitchen. Oh my gosh, I cannot tell you how much it meant to me to have them volunteer to help devein shrimp (even though we were not quite sure it was the actual vein we were de-veining), cut veggies/fruit, and I even had someone volunteer to help clean up (although I had to decline because it was a BIG BIG mess :) It made me feel very thankful.

For dinner we had shrimp, chicken, steak, bell pepper, mushroom, tomato, and pineapple kabobs. yum. I was a bit nutty and made all chicken kabobs, all shrimp kabobs, etc. instead of mixing the veggies, fruit, and meat because I didn't want to contaminate the veggies with meat juice. Having salmonella has completely changed my outlook on food preparation and safety....to the extreme. An annoying extreme. However, I am only comfortable eating food it has been prepared using extreme safety precautions.

Anyway, the night was great and I heart my friends. Now I am tidying up my giant mess of a kitchen and waiting for D to come home so we can hang out.

-H

No comments: