Monday, June 14, 2010

gainfully employed

would not quite be the term I would use for my new job....but it's close! : )

2 weeks ago I saw an ad in the newspaper looking for a part-time preschool teacher at a reputable preschool program. Figuring that I had NO other job prospects (other than subbing) I decided to send my resume and see what happened.

I was nervous.

Luckily later that very week they called for an interview. !!!!

I interviewed and was offered the job on the spot. !!!!!

I feel so blessed. D and I have been living in Northwest Ohio since we graduated from college. We moved here because he has a great job. Me? nada, nill, nothing. I have done everything in my power to put myself out there, subbing, volunteering, straight up brown nosing and it's gotten me nowhere.

Here's the thing...I am good at what I do. I have a gift for working with children. You may think that is bragging but it's the truth and I know it is what I am supposed to be doing. So it's been discouraging to have no job prospects in my field.

Finally now I feel like I have accomplished something completely on my own. I found the ad, I sent the resume (without telling my husband! ha!), I schedule to interview, interviewed, and was offered the job.

I am beyond excited about this little 15-20 hour a week part-time job. I'll be teaching Kindergarten readiness to 5 year olds about to go to Kindergarten. My hours are from 3-6pm so they won't interfere with my frequent trips to Costco and lunches out. The preschool is offering me paid time off and they are super flexible about the days I already need off. There is room for me to grow and eventually teach a full day preschool class of my own.

I have left this job situation in God's hands and I truly feel like he hand picked this opportunity for me.

Consider this girl thankful.

-h

No comments: