Tuesday, June 15, 2010

THIS is a big deal

Uh...do you all know who/what "Touchdown Jesus" is? It's a statue on I-75. Everyone in the
state of Ohio has seen it..and possibly snickered at it...and almost crashed as they craned their necks to get a better look while driving by...

If you haven't seen Touchdown Jesus...YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK. Last night the statue was struck my lightning and burnt to the ground!! Oh my gosh!! The only thing left of the 16,000 pound statue is the metal frame.

*Warning...the follow picture is extremely disturbing*


I have no words.

-h

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um... this is more commonly known as "Big Butter Jesus" to those outside of Ohio. "Touchdown Jesus" resides on the campus of Notre Dame in South Bend, IN. I'm just saying... :P

I find this tragedy very disturbing. I enjoyed driving this stretch of I-75 immensely. The statue will be missed. :(