Wednesday, January 5, 2011

clearance shopping

Am I the only one who goes crazy clearance shopping after Christmas??

Maybe I have too much time on my hands (possible) but I loove the thrill of catching a good deal and stocking up for the next year.

I bought a second tree for our house, which is considerably bigger than our apartment and OBVIOUSLY (ha ha) requires another tree, for $22! It's 7 foot and pre-lit and $22! How could I pass that up? I also got a tree stand for....wait for it...$1.87.

The new tree OBVIOUSLY requires ornaments...Bed Bath and Beyond had box sets of 41 ornaments for $2.50. They only had three boxes left and I bought all three. It was such a good deal that I couldn't pass it up! I decided that if I couldn't use all the ornaments, I would give them as gifts to newlyweds this year! Good idea, no?

This past year D and I made and assembled cookie/goodie baskets for our friends during the holiday season. I had a great time selecting little trinkets that matched the personality of each couple to include in the baskets, while out and about sale shopping I found the perfect little "trinket" to include in our baskets next year for $.75.

I love stretching my dollar with sale items.

-h

No comments: