Monday, January 17, 2011

old habits die hard

I am anti-News Years resolutions because all they do is make people feel guilty.

I'm more of a "It's a new week resolution" type gal because doing something just for one week is more attainable and we all need a little success in our lives to keep us motivated.

I, like everyone else on the planet, and striving to lead a more healthy lifestyle. I'm eating "cleaner", adding an extra dose of fruits and veggies each day, and moving a little more.

Can I be honest? "Moving a little more" is a hard habit for me to get into. really. hard.

I shared with a few friends that one of my goals is to run a decent 5K.

That is attainable! 3.1 miles? I can do that!

3.1 miles at a non-embarrassing time? That, might take a bit of work.

So I'm training at home. I haven't picked a race yet, right now I'm focusing on building stamina.

I thought if I put my goal on the blog I might be held to some accountability....and be motivated to train regularly as now you all know about it.

: )

I would really rather be catching up on Desperate Housewives from last night, instead I'm going to walk 3 miles while listening to Glee. My goal this week is walk 15 miles. Pray for me.

-h

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

AHHHH!!!! YOU CAN SO DO IT HALLEY!!!

Anonymous said...

GO GET 'EM HALLEY!!! Awesome goal. H2 and I are trying to do the same (minus the 5K) so let either of us know if you need a partner in 'crime'. Note: We did discuss getting into a 5K, so SHE may be able to be persuaded. ;)

- D2

Kelsey said...

GO H2D2 AND HALLEY!!!!