Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

I am so excited that D and I welcomed the new year WITHOUT a bang! ha ha

I requested a super low key evening and that's just what I got! We went to dinner with friends, played UNO/Wii, and drank champagne. It was perfect.

I woke up this morning and ran to the store for sauerkraut and potatoes. It's tradition in my family to have pork, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes on New Years Day... isn't it funny how different families and regions of the country have different traditions? I invited some friends over for dinner and they were puzzled by my dinner choice! I was shocked! : )

While I was at WalMart I found some great clearanced Christmas items, including a new Christmas tree (7ft, prelit, umbrella set up??) for only $22! I was thrilled! I love that I started the new year with a bargain!

D is napping, I am cleaning and preparing for guests. I am content and relaxed, which is just how I want to be the rest of the year.

-h

No comments: