Tuesday, January 25, 2011

comfort

It is cold and dreary. D is out of town and I am home alone which equals comfort food in my world. Today I made shredded chicken for sandwiches in the crockpot. I love love love this recipe. It's super simple, low calorie, and tastes like a hug....does that make sense? ha ha

4-5 chicken breasts
1 cup chicken broth
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
2 tbs light sour cream (I prefer Daisy brand)
salt, pepper, onion powder to taste

Combine chicken, broth, seasonings, and soup in the crockpot and turn on high for 5-6 hours (if your crockpot runs hot, watch for browning or burning around the edges, turn down to low as necessary) At this point your chicken will be EASILY shredded. Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Add sour cream. Serve on bun (with potato chips!! yum!!)

Today we switched from Time Warner Cable to Direct TV. Our cable costs were continually rising and as much as I love TV, I was not willing to pay an arm and a leg for it. I gotta tell you, TWC was downright rude when I called to cancel..leading me to believe I made the right choice in switching. D and I are saving hundreds of dollars a year by using a different cable service provider and we now have whole house DVR = a happy Halley.

Teen Mom 2 is on tonight! Love me some smut tv. ha ha

-H

No comments: