Monday, January 3, 2011

new year traditions...

One of my very favorite traditions that D and I have started, is having a "family" (meaning me and D) calendar in our kitchen. We try to keep it up to date with plans, events, and travel throughout the year.

My favorite part?

Take a big 'ol guess?

Our calendar is personalized!!

I can hear the roaring "duh!" from the crowd. ha ha

We use pictures from the previous year as the background and are able to type important dates-birthdays and our anniversary-directly into the calendar boxes. I just love it.

This year I ordered D a smaller desk calendar to keep at the office. It's my way of keeping a revolving, semi up-to-date, set of pictures on D's desk. ;)

I think opening a brand new calendar is exciting. Every January I write in our already established plans for the year and then set back and marvel at the emptiness....that only lasts for so long....I try to anticipate the year's events but always find myself surprised as to who is getting married, having a baby, planning a party or reunion, or a vacation. Our calendar inevitably fills up quickly, but rarely do we regret the time spent running around with family or celebrating with friends.

So as another year ends, I take down the previous year's calendar, flip through the pages, find myself grinning at the memories made, and then tuck it away as a time capsule of our lives.

sappy I know.

but I love it.

-h

No comments: