Tuesday, February 1, 2011

ice ice baby

Boy do we have a storm 'abrewin in Findlay. It is snowing and sleeting and icing like c r a z y.

My car got stuck in my flat, straight driveway. Poor D is outside this very minute, being pelted with snow while digging it out. As a consolation I made rice krisipies....think it's an equal trade? : )

Ohio gets a sterotype for rushing to the store to "stock up" at the mention of snow, this storm is no different. I stopped by the grocery store Monday evening to pick up dinner supplies only to be surrounded by empty shelves and swarms of people. That's right, no milk, bread, eggs, or water. I even read in the paper that 2 Marathon gas stations were completely depleted of fuel. I am not kidding. People are acting like it's the apocalypse out there!

Me?

I am content sitting with my Nyquil blanket by the fire at home. I've got plenty of craft projects to keep me busy, not to mention schoolwork (obviously that comes second to crafts). We have the generator and bottled water just in case. I've kinda got my fingers crossed that D will get a snow day tomorrow!? Does that happen in real adult life? It would be exciting!

Stay warm.
-h

No comments: