Monday, February 14, 2011

Where is the love?

Happy Valentines Day!

D and I don't typically celebrate Vday. We don't go to fancy dinners or buy chocolates, but for some reason this year we decided to treat ourselves to a Valentines Day dinner at are favorite restaurant The Revolver. I stinkin' love the place. The menu changes daily, it's local food, and the wine pairing are exceptional. I'm drooling just thinking about it....

However my immune system had other ideas for my big night out, and weekend for that matter. I have the flu. (insert sobbing and gnashing of teeth here) Friday night D and I trekked to Urgent Care for what we thought was a sinus infection. 3 days later, lots of medicine, and a bazillon tissues later I haven't made any progress and am feeling worse. (here come those sobs again)

So spending an evening at my favorite, expensive, restaurant is out.

boo!

Instead my sweet husband is bringing home a heart shaped pizza and we are going to watch Big Love amidst my pile of tissues while he rubs my feet. That's love.

Enjoy your chocolates and fancy dinners and loved one's today!

xoxo,
h

p.s. We rescheduled our dinner at the Revolver for this coming Saturday....why?....because we are celebrating 1 year owning and living in our house! : )

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Oh no!!! Horrible! I hope you're feeling better today :(