Tuesday, November 24, 2009

ants in my pants

Yesterday was the last day of school before Thanksgiving break. yay!! 4 days off of school! Who is more excited...me or the kids? ME!!!

As you know I am uber excited Christmas. That excitement has put ants in my pants. And those little ants want me to put my Christmas decorations up. N.O.W. : ) I just can't wait any longer.

So last night, after a long day of school and parents teacher conferences, I returned home to find the garland strung outside my house and the Christmas tree set up and lit.

I have been pestering my poor husband since last Friday to let me up the decorations. We kept running out of time or he flat out said no. Well, last night he wanted to surprise me. Our plan is to put the ornaments, stockings, wreaths, etc. up this evening or when we return from Thanksgiving at our parents' homes. I am pumped. I loove loove loove my house at Christmas time. I know that I'm biased, but I just think it is so beautiful.

Now that the decorations are up or going up.....I have ants in my pants for another reason....

D and I decided to spend part of Christmas in New York City! I have an aunt and uncle who live on the Jersey shore and cousins who live in the city. We'll be staying with them and depending on them to show us around. We are going to be on the east coast Dec 20th-24th. While we're there we are going to see the Rockettes, eat delicious food, go to Macy's, see all the store front windows, and take a carriage ride in Central Park. Doesn't that sound dreamy?

-h

No comments: