Monday, November 9, 2009

pink jelly belly's

So I'm planning a baby shower for my very favorite pregnant lady (D mom of J...you're not currently pregnant so you can't be a favorite) on Saturday.

Part of the baby shower fun includes jelly beans.

Being the specific...um...uh...perfectionist that I am I needed all pink jelly beans for the shower. It's for a sweet baby girl. duh!

Lucky for me, a local store has a scoop your own jelly bean bar. Perfect. Right? Well you would think.

I get to the store and check out the jelly bean bar. I get my bag to fill full of jelly beans, thinking it's a pretty big bag, and immediately check the price. I read a sign that says, "What's YOUR flavor? $6.99" Hmm I thought, that's a pretty big bag for only $6.99. WoHoo. I go about my merry way filling my bag with various shades (and flavors!) of pink jelly beans.

I'm scooping and scooping and scooping jelly beans, reflecting on the great deal I am getting and I can't seem to fill my bag (and you know I am going to fill my bag to the tippy top for $6.99) so I start adding a few red and root beer jelly beans because they are my favorite and I surely want to fill my bag. Finally my bag is full and I am happy about all my pink jelly beans.

I get to the register. The girl takes my bag of pretty pink jelly beans...and weighs it...WHAT!?

uh...the sign just said $6.99...not $6.99lb.

great.

My total was $21.52

-h

p.s. Free pink jelly beans at my house! : )

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I love being someone's favorite! Can I come over later and eat some jelly beans? That sounds really yummy. I can count that as "fruit" on my birthing class nutrition sheet I have for homework this week!