Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Shower Time

Seems like someone is always getting married or having an itty bitty darling baby. Currently my friend K is expecting a sweet baby girl, so that means I have been party planning. Baby shower planning to be exact.

This past Saturday we hosted K's all pink, baby bird, themed shower. It was so stinkin' cute. Here's a peek at the festivities:
Isn't this momma-to-be beautiful?

The dining room:
Tablescapes:

I folded a contrasting light pink napkins on each plate. On top of the napkin, I placed a mini wreath filled with multicolored PINK (see post below : ) jelly beans to create a little bird's nest. In the center of the table I laid potting moss and then filled a small flower pot with various pink roses and a tiny bird's nest.

We feasted on bird's nest cupcakes (see the almonds? they are eggs...get it?)

For a bit for decor, because I had not decorated enough...I painted unfinished wood bird's nests from Hobby Lobby. Our favors were M & M's in light pink boxes that has been stamped with a bird's nest and tied with a dark pink ribbon.

And our gift opening/game playing area:

I super excited for K and her husband P as they prepare for their baby girl.....estimated arrive Dec 27. Miss Halley can't wait!

-H

1 comment:

dpoep said...

You are so crafty!!! The decorations looked great...sorry I missed it!