Thursday, May 13, 2010

ho hum

Today I went to the farmers market and bought a bunch of stuff that I ended up not liking....ooops

K told me that the beginning season of the farmer's market is kinda dull but by mid summer it will be hoppin. I'm looking forward to that. I am quickly becoming a trendy green bag carrying, organic produce lover. ha! I read this article about the 12 fruits and vegetables that are most covered in pesticides. They are call the "Dirty Dozen" and I buy 12 out of 12 of them. Now I am feeling like I want to buy at least those items organically (is this a word?), however here in the middle of small town Ohio I don't have many options.

After I had salmonella for the better half of a year I got really weird about food. Everything had to be double and triple washed. I needed to know where raw meats came from and exactly how fresh I was purchasing them. It got to be an expensive habit.

My mother-in-law recently gave us a deep freezer which I am planning to fill up soon. I am debating the purchase of a side of beef, or pork, or some local poultry. ???? I'd feel better knowing where the meat came from...but raw meat still makes me want to puke. Which is why I haven't bought anything yet!

Anywho, today I bought some herbs (basil, rosemary, and oregano to be exact). I am going to try to keep them alive in a cute little pot and pick them fresh for cooking. Pray for the plants. You might want to light a candle as well. I am so so so bad at keeping flowers and plants alive. I adore the way the look and have every intention of putting on my Vera Bradley sun hat everyday and watering them from my darling pink flower pot...but I don't.

Is there anything better than warm pj's and a good book? nope. and that's what I'm off to enjoy!

-h

No comments: