Wednesday, May 19, 2010

pretty

This is the vintage war poster that I ordered from etsy.com. I plan to frame it to hang in the hall outside our dining room. Love it. Basically it was made by the British Government during WWII to boost morale in the event that the Nazi's invaded Great Britain...the Nazi's never invaded and the posters were either destroyed or simply filed away.... they were found /rediscovered in 2000. Here's a link for a more official history. http://www.keepcalmandcarryon.com/pages/history

I had a landscaper come to our house and draw plans for our landscaping. I adore the plans. Will they all happen this summer? um. no. : ) We'll start small but we know where we are going.

My new curtains!!!
My sweet mom made these for me. I had been searching far and wide for dining room curtains... but could not find a single set that fit and I liked. While browsing at Hobby Lobby I came across this fabric and fell. in. love. I'll try to post a close up picture of the fabric soon.




That's all.
-h

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAHA!!! My mom has one of those war posters in her kitchen! :P

- D2