Monday, May 3, 2010

oh what fun!

D and I had such a great weekend!

Friday: I spent that day and evening with K and baby A...let me tell you, time with these two is never uneventful or fun! While making a routine trip to Costco (without the Garmin) we accidentally went to Michigan!! ops! Then we went to Babies R Us to buy a shower gift and put baby A in a display jumperoo which she LOVED until I made these two ducks moved and roll around...then she proceeded to scream bloody murder and K and I looked like bad adults for putting her in a display jumperoo on the second shelf. ha! It's a life experience!

D spent his evening with college friends that he hadn't seen in about 2 years. From the phone calls I received I would guess that they had a great time.

Saturday: Was R's baby shower!! K and J threw a beautiful and delicious shower. R is probably one of the cutest pregnant lady's I have seen in a while!

Later that evening some of our college friends came up to the house for pizza and beer. Around 8:30pm I decided that I had to have a fire pit because it would be soo fun to make s'mores and hang out. I then proceeded to take D's truck to Walmart where I bought 2 different firepits (b/c I couldn't decide which one I liked better) and s'more material. It was so fun!! except that our grass caught on fire...and there is now a burned, black patch in our yard. The s'mores were totally worth it though!

Sunday: We were lazy today. We napped, watched tv, and had cheese and crackers for lunch. We also conjured up a plan for a quick over-night trip next weekend. I am so so excited.

Guess where I am going..
I am going to feed a Giraffe (which is what sold me on the trip)
I get to try all the fresh, home-made cheese I want
I am staying at a bed and breakfast

yay!
-h

No comments: