Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ya'll gonna make me lose my mind...

Dear Michigan Drivers,

Last summer D and I took a little tour of Michigan and loved it!! Traverse City and the Glenn Arbor area are the epitome of the "Pure Michigan" commercials. (I actually enjoy those commercials, they make me take a deep breath and swoon over the scenery.) I thought that Bronners was AMAZING and the chicken dinner.....drowl.... Anywho, I see why people from Michigan take great pride in their state (H2!!).

However, dear citizens of Michigan, we have something very important to discuss, specifically driving etiquette. When you cross over the border into Ohio, you leave behind your speed limits of 90 mph. I understand the thrill of the open road, really, I do. I understand that we all run late from time to time and that normally requires a more "upbeat" speed. We've all been there but please let's be polite on the road.

For example, it is downright rude to flash your brights at someone in the slow lane on the highway to get them to move over. rude. period. In the classroom we teach children to wait their turn and expect them to be polite and patient. Well, on the highway if you want someone to move over you have a few options: #1-You can pass them using the other lane. #2- You can wait your turn. As a driver, if you flash your brights at me, I will do everything in my power to annoy you.

While we are discussing what is appropriate and inappropriate on the highway, let's talk about tailgating. If you are essentially driving in my backseat I will put my brakes on and call the cops. Not only is that rude and aggressive it's illegal.

So, let's buckle up and drive politely. I still love you Michigan. Don't have hurt feelings. I promise that when I come to visit you, I'll follow your driving rules.

xoxo,
H


I want to note that this is a huge generalization. I love my friends from Michigan and they are not aggressive. However it has been my personal experience that Michigan drivers go too fast and don't use appropriate driving etiquette.

No comments: