Monday, October 4, 2010

Fresh Start

Don't Monday's feel like a clean slate? I love Monday mornings and the prospect of a new week. I think to myself..."Maybe this week I will go on a walk with D every day"....or ...."This is the week I am finally going to organize the basement"....or...."I am going to invite that couple over for dinner this week" Anywho I start every Monday off with great expectations.

This Monday I am cleaning and organizing and am finding joy in caring for my home. For real, it looks like 25 people (not 2) live here. I find D's empty cereal bowls in the strangest places along with my stray animal print flats and tote bags...and under piles of coats...last nights movie rentals...which are now late. ha I'm workin' on it.

It's chilly here and I am craving comfort. Warm blankets, a welcoming home, hot chocolate, far away friends (Hi K!), and cozy slippers.

I'll start this Monday with a warm drink and a vacuum cleaner. Wish me luck!

-h

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

This is a great post!! I don't take as much pleasure in Mondays because I just love the weekends so much, but Monday means tomorrow is Tuesday, which is that much closer to Friday!! Haha.
PS Hi!