Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Room Where Things Go To Die

If you walk down the stairs to our basement and turn right you will be startled, shocked, and in awe. Why? Because you've entered our dirty little secret. The room where stuff goes to die !? also known as the junk room.

When we moved into this house I heard D utter the words, "Oh, just take that down to the basement" du du dun I knew in that very moment that we had just created an untouchable, messy, unorganized, junk room. *groan*

Well...we've lived in this house for about 8 months and the room has remained untouched, except for the growingly frequent trips down there to stash stuff. lots. and. lots. of. S.T.U.F.F.

Who knew that D and I were such pack rats? Now I know that neither of us ever sold a textbook back in college and apparently we both plan on keeping said textbooks 4eva. Oh, also in addition to the textbooks, we also have binders and folders filled with every paper we ever received in college. ha ha. not joking.

We also have all the cards we received from our wedding, enough stickers to pay the US's debt 2x over (don't forget I'm a teacher : ), every memento from our relationship dating back to my Senior prom pictures and D's actual dried corsage, oh and lets not forget 14 Frisbees that D collected throughout college.

I decided that the stuff stops here.

Now D and I are endeavoring to get rid of the untouchable junk room. Armed with heavy duty storage shelves, plastic bins, markers, and labels. Can we do it? Yes we can!

-h

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I know the S.T.U.F.F. acronym...

S@#t
That
Undoubtedly
Fills
Floorspace

Am I right?!?!?!

- D2