Monday, April 13, 2009

home sweet home

After 2 weeks at my parents house and a fun filled Easter weekend I am finally home. It feels so good to be in my own space with my own things.

Now that I'm here, I feel the need to spring clean.

Um...this is a problem seeing as how I am still a bit low in energy and D is leaving for another business trip. So I'm low on help.

I've devised a plan. I am going to try to go room by room and get rid of crap. You have no idea how much crap D and I have. D feels the need to hold onto every single shirt, book, gadget, pillow, and shoe that's he's had. If you were to look in our garage right now you would see 2 old computer monitors, an old pillow (that's not even ours!!!), a gross used crockpot (that's not ours either, it belongs to D's friend from college), and various other items that we don't use and ha ha! are not even ours. Now, we've contacted our friends and they could care less about these items. So now it's time to donate. Big time.

The crap and clutter is going down. (slowly and with lots of breaks, since that's how I'm moving these days)

I am going to try one room per day, with as much help and input from D as possible, and I'm getting rid of the extra crap.

I'll keep you posted.
-H

No comments: