Sunday, April 5, 2009

I think this is why America is obese....

Yesterday D and I hung around the house, he changed the oil in the car, I watched tv, napped, did some light picking up, and went out to dinner. In general it was a pretty lazy day. One of our favorite lazy activities is renting/watching movies.

Well...we rent movies frequently enough that we are out of new movies to rent at Family Video. Yep, we stay in that often. ha ha!

So after a trip to Family Video with no luck we went home to check out Movies On-Demand. Again, either no luck or no interest in those movies. Then I realize that there is one movie source that we have yet to try...Netflix.

Oh man! Within 5 minutes I was a full fledged member of the Netflix community and watching Season 1 of Law and Order SVU over the internet. Talk about instant gratification.

Now we have our movie que all lined up and are anxiously awaiting our first three DVD's. We no longer have get up off our behinds and head to the movie store. No sir, now we can keep our behinds on the couch, type in our movie order, and wait for it arrive on our doorstep. I think this is why America is obese.

I also think this is the beginning of a very long and happy relationship. <3

-H

No comments: