Saturday, April 25, 2009

A-mazing

As temperatures warm and the sun shines, I feel an intense need to spring clean. (I believe we have already discussed this...) Anyway, today my dreams came true!



It all started Saturday morning with an intensely loud lawn mower outside of my bedroom window. I mean RIGHT outside, within 3 feet, of my window. This resulted in my awakening. I rolled over to see D soundly sleeping through the noise. Luckily with a few innocent nudges, kicks, and sighs he quickly woke up.



After lounging around the house for a bit we were off to run some errands. I cashed a check from selling wedding junk and went to grocery store to pick up food for dinner. D and I decided to christen our new grill with gorgeous boneless ribeye steaks, baked potatoes, and grilled veggies. yum!



When we got home, D (!!!!) informed me he wanted to clean out his closet and donate unused clothes to Goodwill. oh man! He came to this decision without my mentioning or nagging him about my desire to declutter. So we sorted through old polos, sweaters, t-shirts, gym shorts, pants, shorts, etc. and filled 2 laundry baskets full of clothes to donate. : ) I ended up with a clean closet and a happy heart.



But wait...what does my pack rat of a husband suggest we do next? Clean out the garage!!! Our garage is (was) a mess. It has been embarrassing to open the garage door on the off chance a neighbor or a friend might catch a peak.



It took 4 hours, sweat, and a few Miller Lights but our garage is tidy. I am so proud. I might even invite my friends and neighbors to hang out IN my garage.



The very last thing on our Saturday list of things to do, was to take out the trash and get the mail. Pretty mundane tasks right? Not today my friend, not today. When I peered into my mailbox today I found my federal refund check. My giant federal refund check-which is going straight into our future downpayment fund. Getting married does have it's benefits!



Upon returning to the apartment, D and I fired up the grill and got dinner going. It was delicous. Absolutely wonderful. To top it all off we had s'mores for dessert. Oh happy day!



Talk about a perfect sunny Saturday.



-H

No comments: