Monday, October 5, 2009

fall decorating...on a budget

Ohh boy!

I adore this time of year! I especially love dressing up my house for the harvest season. This year, D and I are watching our budget as we prepare to buy a house. So I had to get a bit crafty in my decorating. I think my house looks "pumpkin-licious!"
Guess how much I spent?

All my pumpkins came from the local farmers market. K and I went a few Thursday's ago and I fell in love with the giant and tiny pumpkins. However....we had a little itty problem. I cannot lift anything over 5lbs and K is pregnant...so getting these pumpkins to the car presented a problem. Luckily the friendly farmers and sales people carried them to the car for us. : )

The pumpkin door hanger came from Big Lots last fall. I paid $4.50 for it.

On the couch I added two orange down pillows. They came from TJ Maxx and were a steal! They are cozy and add a great pop of color.

On the kitchen table we have gorgeous orange paisley place mats. I bought the candle stick holders from Big Lots and the little pumpkins from the farmers market (I could manage to carry those!)

I have a few more harvest touches around the house..including a yummy candy dish next to the couch. Perhaps I will take more pictures later today.

Wanna know how much I spent? You know you do. I did it all on a budget. Are you ready?

$43!! For all my pumpkins, pillows, and candle sticks! Isn't that great!? D was so so proud.

Pillows- $20-Tj Maxx

Candle Sticks-$10-Big Lots (for all 3)

Pumpkins-$9-Farmers Market

Place Mats-$3.50-Tj Maxx

Go me.

Happy Harvest!

-h

No comments: