Wednesday, June 17, 2009

hey ma! look what i did!

The laundry is piling. The vacuum needs run. The sink is full. Showers need to be had.


What is a girl to do?

Obviously she should head to the local Dollar Store and start a craft project! And that's just what I did.

I called my friend and neighbor, R , and we were on our merry way. R and I are both teachers. Our craft project on this particular day could be described as 'practical desk bling.' ohh I've got you hooked now don't I? You wanna see more.... Well here you are:


Those are pens and markers wrapped in floral tape with silk flowers attached. I plan to set them on my desk to 'jazz' it up. Plus it's practical....who is gonna steal a pen with a giant flower on top of it? or better yet, what kid is going to 'borrow' his/her teacher's markers *which are off limits* when it is a giant flower on top of it? um....they are not.

Success!!


Here is a picture of R's flower pens and pot:



I love how personalized they projects turned out! We each picked a ribbon , flowers, and painted wooden letters to match. Too cute!




Love it! Yay 'practical desk bling'! This was an easy, cheap (all from the dollar store), fun project. I highly recommend it.

-H

No comments: